Wednesday, July 23, 2008

T Minus 3 days....

First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been updating my pictures. I have since uploaded a whole bunch of new ones and added the link to the right side navigation bar.

Two days worth of things to tell, so I'll get to it!

Yesterday
was relatively nice. I got up late though in the morning (7:15) and felt horrible because KaKa and Sylph were working (since 7:00ish) and I had slept in. I told them later "Hey, if it's past 7 and I'm not up, just kick me. Seriously." I on;y have two more days though, and one of them is there (other) holiday. So, it doesn't really matter.
Okaa-san had made KaKa-san clean the kitchen, and Otoo-san said that today was "cleaning check" or something like that. And for some reason tenstions were high. I could feel the stress like it was palable. I was wondering why...
I worked outside in the morning, mowing some more in this one area of the landscape. It is a really hard place to mow though because it is way overgrown with plants at least to my hips. So, it takes awhile. And then it started pouring. I worked a little bit more outside, waiting for someone to come and get me and say "It's ok! Stop!" but no one came. So, I went inside, my hair soaked, my shirt a little soaked (since I had an over outfit thing on), and went to see Otoo-san Okaa-san to see if it was alright that I stopped. Okaa-san saw me and instantly said "Go take a shower. Now." I laughed and said it was alright, but took a shower anyway. After that, we all went and cleaned the badmition room some more, and I found out that there were inspectors coming to check the place out for some reason. So, that's why everyone was stressed! I guess it went alright though.
Sylph-san fell and hurt her back at one point, but other than that, it was an uneventful morning.
In the afternoon, we went to a cherry-farm (I ate like 40 cherries), a farm/ice cream place where I bought two things for Grami (small) and a blueberry icecream (the original place that made them), and then to an onsen. We then went out to dinner, I ate some more intestines of some sort and some chicken yakitori. Except I think that translates are "chicken grilled chicken." hahahahah.
We then stopped at a festival that was going on for two days in downtown Niseko. It was really pretty! Small booths, girls in yukatas, people stared at me, and yummy food! They had cream puff things (which Okaa-san bought one for me), french fries, and cotton candy! It was really, really cool to see. I would like to go to more sometime.
At the farm place, Otoo-san bought a grape tree and said it was a ceremony tree. And that one day, when we came back with husbands and children, we had to come to Bouken and show them the tree that was planted for us. How sweet!


Today
So today it rained in the morning. We cleaned a little bit, mostly worked on stuff for the guest rooms, and helped Otoo-san move some old things to the car/van to be taken to the reclycle place. By lunch time I was starving. We ate lunch, and while we were eating, guests arrived. So we finished quickly, and then we helped prepare the lunch of the guests. Unfortuently, this meant we got no lunch break. I checked online quickly to see if Ma's flight was going alright and found out it landed. Yeah! Welcome to Japan, Mom!
I cleaned the dishes of the guests while KaKa and Sylph-san went outside. Then, I went outside too, and finished mowing. I mowed for 2 in a half hours, about. Gosh, it was a long time. Raked some of the giants leaves into piles too. Giant piles. I'll probably move those to the pile in the back on Friday. How much fun! We stopped work at 4:30.
I took a shower, and am now updating this! Dave and I, after I eat dinner here, will go to JoJo's and have some garlic rolls and coffee, and probably play some cards or study Japanese.
Then, tomorrow is our holiday! Yeah! Who knows what we'll do though. hahahaha.

That's all for now!

No comments: