Monday, July 14, 2008

Mud baths

Today was rather boring, I guess.

Otoo-san and I went to get milk from this milk farmer. I was shown where it would be every morning and where to leave the money. That's nice. I just hope I don't have to pay for it.

When we got back, he showed me how I would pick up the grass cuttings. I really didn't think it was going to take to long. I mean, how long could it take to pick up grass shavings?! Apparently, a very long time. In 3 hours (the morning shift), I picked up about a 1/3 of the entire place. 1/3...I thought it would take me an hour at most. Seriously!

But 12 o'clock came by and no one had called me for lunch (or a break), so I went inside anyway. Okaa-san was just finishing stuff up, so I sat down to wait for lunch. Otoo-san and I ate lunch and then he told me we were going to a mud bath and then an onsen. I got my stuff together, and we headed out.

It was...so cool! I'll have to put up pictures if not today, tomorrow. I mean, I think I got some good stuff here. It was SO2 that we went "mud bathing" in. I'm glad I bought those hiking shoes now! They were perfect!

We go to the onsen but Slyph, Ka, and I decide not to do it. I don't have any money anyway. I did by a strawberry ice cream and a vending machine drinks (I almost bought a beer, but it was too expensive). Then Otoo-san came and said we were going to get even better ice cream! I was trying to teach him some English, and he was also trying Cantonese, and at one point, this random old guy walked by and like...stopped and stared at us. It was really weird. I'm not sure anyone else noticed.

We go get some fantastic ice cream! And I almost bought a present for Sam because it was SUPER PERFECT but it was too expensive. ;_; I'll have to try and go back though for more ice cream, and maybe Dave can get me a gift there. hahahah.

I get back, and Okaa-san talks with Slyph and Ka-san about what they're going to do for dinner (since it's their holiday). She then tells me that I'm eating by myself and shows me what's for dinner. I'm totally fine with that, just curious as to where Okaa-san and Otoo-san are going/doing. She walks in a little later, after I've started eating, and says something almost the boiler, and I say that this was delicious! It was chicken wings and potatos and carrots and mushrooms (I didn't eat those). I loved it! She then looks at me after saying thank you and says "Where is your rice?" I swear she probably thinks I wouldn't know where my nose was if it wasn't on my face! I laugh and get some rice and she leaves.

I didn't eat all my food. I didn't care that I didn't eat all my food. I ate strawberry yogurt without asking anyone, I ate it while I was walking down the hall. Basically, I felt free. It was quite wonderful.

So, I just took a shower, updating this, and I think I'm going to try and study something, but who knows. I'm very tired today for some reason! I really need to get in better shape too!

1 comment:

Meldon said...

You should update this to include the part where I randomly stopped by.

Also, just noticed the "Slipped in Time" thing for the timestamp. Neat.