Monday, July 28, 2008

OSAKA

Ma and I rode on a train for 34 hours. How ridiculous. There was something wrong with the signal apparently because of heavy rain that caused trains to be seriously delayed. As in, we were to arrive at 12:52pm and didn't get in until 11:40pm. 11 hours delayed. BUT, it turned out alright, even though we were suppossed to share the room with 2 other people, no one showed up and the train wasn't full. So we got the compartment to ourselves, place to lay down, and even though we arrived a little later than if we had tried to switch trains in Kanazawa, we didn't have to sit in a tiny seat. 

We also didn't eat lunch or dinner, just snacks. Stupid train didn't have any food. How stupid?

I'll try and make a bigger post later, but I only have the internet for 24 hours, so until 12:30am tomorrow. We'll be going to the Aquarium tomorrow here in Osaka, then to Kobe for the day, then back to Osaka for nightlife. It seriously reminds me of New York - taxis everywhere! Even at midnight it's busy!

And the hotel....Oh my gosh! Ma and I are STUNNEd. They have bellboys and...well, it's just super fancy. And it's a good thing that I understand Japanese, even the little I do, because it helps...a lot. A lot a lot.

I'll write more and post later! Hope everyone is well and if anyone can figure out what was wrong with the trains...because I can't. heh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you at least get to "see" the Japan countryside as you sat on the train for those 'few' hours??? Have you been in the taxis yet??? How they have the lever that opens and shuts the door for you... If not DO NOT try to close the door when you get in, they do that for you with that lever thingy... :-)

Meldon said...

Didn't the taxi, even in Kutchan, have one of those lever things? XD

...but I can't remember, you should tell me, seriously...

I'm sorry your train was delayed, but glad you guys weren't too crowded.

They had NO food!? O.o