Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's a new day

I'm going to be typing this a little differently than the previous ones, more like the first ones. Just because I feel like it.

Shopping
I still feel really bad for getting to sleep in when Sylph-san and KaKa-san had to get up at 5am to help with breakfast. I wanted to help, but I slept instead. I'd probably just get in the way anyway. Well, I wake up at about 9, talk with Dave, and then get ready and WAIT for him to come. Gosh! He eventually arrived (after me waiting and glaring in the distance) at 11ish. We then decided that we were going to head into Kutchan and see what we could do. We ended up going to this CD/Manga/etc store...spent like an hour in there. It was amazing! Dave bought me a little pencil holder, Japanese candy, and a manga. The manga I got was "DNAngel," which is in Japanese, but I have the English version. So I can learn Japanese via that! hahaha. It was only 150yen too (about $1.50) a lot cheaper than in America! We then went to the post-office because Sylph-san had to mail a letter to Hong Kong and I told her I would take it to the post office, and there was a CD store next to it. We were there looking for gifts. I found a 100yen section with used CDS, and Dave bought me two CDS, Japanese of course. I was very excited. He also debated buying a Nintendo DS for $100, which is pretty cheap compared to America. And they have some really cool "learn Japanese!" "games" you can buy. It's pretty awesome. And I want one! hahaha. As we were leaving, it had started pouring outside, so we biked as fast as we could to the Max Valu, where we spent the next hour (and a half?) or so buying food for Dave, some for me, and lunch. I got snacks for $15 that should last me until Mom comes. (Yes, I had to withdraw more money. Boo. I suck.)

Rain
I rained a whole lot. Which I knew it would, but I wasn't staying inside all day. No way! We stayed in Max Valu for awhile, ate our lunch in there while we waited for it to stop raining (at least a little) so we could go back to Bouken. As we finished, it had cleared a little, and we checked out and headed back. It was raining only slightly, so while we got wet, we were soaked as we were going into Max Valu, at least. We got to Bouken, I gave Sylph and KaKa-san their items they asked me to buy, put my stuff down, and put Dave's stuff in my bag since his bag sucked. We ate this strawberry/grape/something sourish candy gum that he bought at the manga/cd store for me. Sat awhile, and then went up to Niseko/Hirafu area where he's staying to drop off his food and stuff. While we were putting his stuff away, it started pouring, absolutly pouring. So we stayed in his "Australia House," which reminds me of a dorm kind of, just...with not as many rooms. Even has nametags on the doors. We chilled, which was nice for once, studied, etc.

Dinner
We decided for dinner that we were going to stay in Hirafu and try this downtown cafe, I believe it's actually called. It was smallish, and cafe-like. I ordered this chicken bagel thing, which was DELICIOUS, and even had a fruit smoothie with bananas in it! Oh my gosh! It was good too. Dave had pizza, which was very messy and hot. It closed at 8:00 though and we wanted to get coffee and hang out more before I left, and it was almost 8, so we left and went to JoJo's. I had to run to Seicomart too, because at the grocery store, I forgot toothpaste. Which was the real reason I needed to go there. -heavy sigh- Silly me. Coffee and dessert were my treat, and it was very lovely. Found out that rock climbing is a lot cheaper than I thought; also found out that their store downstairs has pretty cheap climbing shoes. Well, cheaper than in American, I should say.

Darkness
So, after we finished our last game of gin (yeah, Dave didn't know how to play, so I taught him - We took a picture of a pretty amazing game...I'll post it here when I upload it), we headed each to our respective homes. Dave insisted I use his flashlight, since I told him I could ride back by myself. It was dark, sure, but I figured I would be fine, and I didn't see the point of Dave riding back and then riding all the way back up the hill himself. I headed out, and for most of the way it's lit, but there's some parts where it's pretty darn dark. The flashlight didn't really help much either, but oh, well. I was an idiot too and riding in practically all black. Oh, yeah, real smart. Luckily, there was a lot of sidewalk and not too many cars. I was scared at one point, but I biked as fast as I could and was alert for anything suspicious. Though I must say, Japan is probably the safest place ever. You know they don't even lock their bikes when they go to the store?! I made it back fine, took a shower, and went to sleep. I was exhausted.

The Italian Guy
So there was this Italian guy staying at Bouken who had gone to the Summit, spoke French, Spanish, and Italian, and is a journalist. Yeah, pretty awesome. He was really nice, and the three of us talked to him a lot while he was here. He asked me in the morning if he could use my computer - I guess Sylph and Ka told him I had one. I said sure, and I went in my room to get my computer, but he followed me in, so he just used it there.
"Do you do a lot of work here?" He asked, as I was sitting doing nothing and Sylph and Ka were working.
"Yeah, but today is my holiday." I smiled up at him, laughing in my head.
"Oh, do you want toride into town together then?" He asked, pointing in the general direction of Niseko/Hirafu.
"Oh..." I said, shaking my head. "My boyfriend is coming to meet me and we're going out."
He asked if Dave was Japanese and I laughed. I don't think he was asking me out, really, just seeing if I wanted to explore I guess. But it was funny none-the-less. It turns out that Okaa-san did not like him in our room. I guess I can understand that. But I mean, none of us were in there...But she said today actually to me, no boys in the room. I said that's perfectly alright. She was apparently really pissed at the Italian though.
Dave and I also saw him biking back on our way to dinner.
I found out today that he's writing for the guide book "The Lonely Planet." So I'll have to check the newest edition sometime in the next year or so and see if Bouken is in it.


Plans
I've been making plans on what to do for my next (and last) holiday. I have a couple things: Rock climbing most of the afternoon, going to this ice cream place (biking there from Niseko) and eating ice cream, shopping, taking pictures, and eating lunch/snacks there in the cafe, and horseback riding. Or hot air ballooning if it's nice enough! Unfortuently, kind of expensive.

Today....
Today was...rather interesting. I got up with KaKa and went to the kitchen, where I didn't do much. Ate breakfast, and Otoo-san told us that Sylph-san would be staying and cleaning, and KaKa and i would be going to the farm. I was a little confused, because I thought it was suppossed to rain all day and I didn't see how we could farm...But we got there. Had three rows left, which we did by the end of the day, and despite a little bit of rain. It was super humid though, which kind of sucked for farming. The rain helped a little.
After lunch, Jun-san took us to this plastic recylcing place, and then stopped by a vending machine. He handed me a 1000 yen note and said "pick ten." So KaKa and I did, but I forgot to take them out of the bottom, so they all got stuck around each other and we couldn't get them out. After a lot of laughing, we got them out, and went back to farming.
At 4:00, KaKa and I stop, because that's when we usually do. But Okaa-san wasn't there. We had seen her drive by at about 2:00ish, and we didn't know where she was. We waited until 4:30, then I fell asleep. At 5:20ish, Jun-san came and got us and took us to this other farm. Turns out Okaa-san was farming here. We waited a little, then got in the van and waited some more.
We waited until 6:30. I was super pissed. I was cold and sweat, felt like I had a fever, and just wasted 2 1/2 hours waiting. I was not a happy camper.
I get back inside and remember that Avatar's newest episode (like the 4th to last one) is on! I'm super excited, though still pissed. Start to watch it, have a little snack (I had a super headache) and find out we're going out to eat lunch.
We go to this "Nihon Bashi" restuarant and I had Tempura. Tempura fish and vegetable! Actually, it was all really good. Okaa-san was teaching me some words, and showed me the various fresh/raw fish everyone else was eating. She asked if I would try anything and I said I would try the raw salmon. It was really sweet and delicious! But everything was a little too much and too hot, and I started feeling woosy. I think I was (am) super tired too. So I just relaxed, had a bit more, and felt perfect. A little full, but not too bad.
And to my surprise I was not upset at all with Okaa-san and we had actually had a really nice night! hahaha.
And then I got back, watched Avatar (which was pretty awesome) and now I'm updating this.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring!?

No comments: