Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm not alone anymore....

I woke up late...again...today. But so did Otoo-san, so I'm not really guilty about it. Okaa-san drove Chuuko-chan to school and the came back and we had washed the dishes and finished making breakfast. And then, as I was getting ready to clean, Otoo-san and Okaa-san tell me that I need to make my room up because we have two new WWOOFers arriving today.

Actually, they tell me I have to rearrange a whole room that they keep everything in. So I did what Ashley does best! I took a whole lot of stuff and put it in a very small space. I'll have to take a picture of it now. But I must say...I did a fantastic job. But don't I always? And I did it quickly too. Got everything almost finished before they arrived at about lunchtime. I started at about 10, and I just had to vaccum and move my stuff after lunch.

I was kind of afraid that it was going to be a couple, and an older one, and they were going to...well, "side" with Okaa-san and Otoo-san and I was going to feel more left out. But, Otoo-san came and got me and introduced me to them. And thy're not at all like I expected them! They're two girls, just graduated from college in Hong-Kong, speak Cantonese and English and are learning Japanese. They're 22 and 24, and I couldn't spell their name if I wanted to. For some reason, I'm having the hardest time remembering names. I think I'm just so nervous that it goes in one ear and out the other. I really have to listen more.

Well, we have our room all set up now, and we cleaned a little, and I showed them around. Otoo-san ws very funny at lunch, and the two of them are very friendly and open. They aren't afraid to ask questions, where as I am. I think this will help me lighten up. And now I have people to study with and talk to. And walk to the store with and laugh with. And they're about my age, so that's good too. And they won't be trying to have sex in the same room with me. XD

hahaha. Yes, I was worried about that happening if it was a couple. How awkward.

So, that's the update for now. I'll update it again after dinner. Ta.

Update @ 8:40 JST: Today has been a pretty fantastic day. Yeah, it could've been a little better, but I'm not complaining at all!

Hoi Ka and Slyph (like the wind-spirit XD) are both very nice. And they speak just a little more Japanese than I do, so we're all in the same boat. They make me feel not as stupid when I'm trying to speak to Anan-san and Okaa-san. I didn't realize that I was so afraid, because I WAS trying, but now that they're here, I feel like a burden is off my shoulders. I'm not as afraid anymore. Maybe just because there's someone else here...maybe because then I can complain...but, well, it's a liberating feeling.

We're rotating our duties, so that'll be interesting. I get to help Okaa-san cook one meal a day. Woo. That'll be...interesting. hahaha.

They leave 3 days after I do. How very convienent!

I'm still very excited to have Dave here though. Even though I have other people now to show the sights too. I'm kind of afraid they'll just pair off an do their own thing, but I hope they invite me too! We'll see how things go in the coming days!

No comments: