Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Been here almost a week now...


Odd things eaten today:
Scallop
Leek
Bamboo leaves something or other

Can't wait for:
To see Mom
Doctor Who on Sunday (well, Sunday here)

New theory on Oka-san:
She thinks I'm useless because I'm not domestic. I'm like the Doctor; I don't take the domestic approach. Maybe?

Chocolate left:
None

Money left
...enough to buy a lot of chocolate and sweets

So, the life of Ashley today...is sore. You'll feel it too by the end of this.

I woke up exhausted (I did go to bed kind of late) and didn't get up until almost an hour later than I usually do. But oh well. I figured it wasn't a big deal. But man, was I sore! I had no idea what from. Maybe just a lot of work? Who knows. (Well, you'll know if you read on 'cause I know now.) Eat breakfast (consisteing of the weird stuff above), and then Anan-san says study outside until 9 when work starts. Ok, so I do. Tomato, the dog, is even starting to like me and follow me. He's a cutie!

Anyway, today I mow the lawn. And I don't mean mow the lawn as in like an actual mower, I mean...hand mow the freakin' lawn. Hand mow. Not the push mower, or even (because this would've been too good) the Howcroft's sit mower, I mean hand mow.

Oh, it's going to be a long day.

So, I mow for three hours until lunch. And it was getting HOT. I figured out later how to strap the stupid get up I'm in so that it just covers my legs. But I had to be an idiot today and wear jeans. Not a good idea. It was 20 degrees Celsuis. Which, I think, is in the 80s. Anan-san and Oka-san at lunch (ramen!) that I'm used to this since I live in Florida!

Ummm, yeah, but I don't freakin' hand mow the lawn in it! I'm inside drinking water!

Whenever I did have a break (2 total, not including lunch), we didn't drink water. I'm not quite sure why...

Well, anyway, I did that...all day. And it's not even totally done. I mean, it's mostly done, there's only a few patchy areas that aren't done because I got ADD and wandered off with the mowing. It's like half-dirt anyway...so I'm not sure if I'll have to finish it. I just hope I don't have to mow more! Weeds, I can handle...mowing...it's painful. My shoulders and back are aching! But, I did have my iPod, which was good, but the earpiece sucks so I on;y hear it in one ear.

I went for my bike ride. Made it to Niseko I think. Was out for about an hour-and-a-half, and I started getting COLD. I think I got some nice pictures though, and I know where some bakery's and such are. But it was a grueling ride. This is how I figured out why I was sore....the bike. Yup. Way sore.

I am so out of shape.

So, now, I'm updating, waiting for dinner, and I smell really bad. I think we might be BBQing, but I'm not sure. So, I'm going to go sit in the resturant and study some more.

Oh, and here's the link to my pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/bartlett.ashley/TravelsInTime?authkey=FasgokjDzDs

Maybe?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One week down... Now you can make it the rest of the way no sweat... Well, maybe you will SWEAT more, but at least you have been able to figure how out to get through it all... WAY COOL!!!