Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 4: Tea Time

Well, even though the day isn't over, I figure it's time I did one of these on the actual day for once.

Today was a relatively uneventful day, as I suspect more and more of the coming days to be. The entries will be shorter (try not to shout for joy there) and more gaps in-between. I woke up at 11 this morning to get ready for brunch at Keble Hall. We were a little late for that, but because it's buffet it didn't much matter. It was an interesting breakfast - heavier than normal. We only get breakfast-like food on Sunday though, which kind of sucks. I bought some cereal and nutella though, so I should be set.

After brunch, we decide to go back to the house quickly to look up some information. Kat needed books and I needed to find a photocopy place because I had accidentally stolen someone else's packet for Archer's class - because of a mishap with me in the wrong class. I really am the problem child. Finally found one and I had to photocopy 19 pounds of papers. It was about 250 sheets. A lot. Then Kat and Kelsey and I went to the oldest room in Oxford which is now a tea shop before Kelsey and I were to catch mass at Keble. We all read some of the books we needed for class and it got chilly so we headed over to Keble early. Unfortuently, though we had good intentions, mass at Keble is only during term. Bummer. So, we didn't get to go. I'll have to try one of the morning ones next week, though that'll suck. Hopefully they'll be going on. I may check earlier in the week, I suppose.

We had a nice walk around town though during the day, and I did a lot of reading, so it was a boring, but productive day. Got some of my schedule sorted out.

The biggest thing now is flights for Shanghai. I just don't know what to do about that. I'll probably be going to STA sometime this week and talking to someone about flights. So now off to do more reading. Good thing I don't have classes Monday's!

3 comments:

Meldon said...

19 pounds for 250 pages? Wow.

Any of the reading actually done yet?

Ashley said...

Yes, thank you.

Unknown said...

ALERT... ALERT... ALERT... You actually have to go to CLASS now!!! ... Stonehedge was cool; I'm glad you got to see it! Don't be the problem child... "See the whole board" (Chess term)... -Daddy!