Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 2: Oxford

Today (actually yesterday now) started out a little iffy but then got tremendously better.

Kat and I both woke up late, and getting ready I slammed my head into our sloped ceiling in the bathroom. Not very pleased and un-awake, I headed downstairs to grab some water before we left. In the kitchen with most everyone else, Jamie comes in, finds me and says "I have good news." Instantly awake, I reply "They found it?!" "Yup. The police called this morning...someone turned it in."

I did a little dance there in the kitchen with everyone. It was pretty funny.

We all head out for our walking tour of Oxford. It was nice weather for a tour, though I'm always going to be saying that it's chilly out. After seeing some places, we split for lunch which is when Jamie and Ryan walked me to the police station. And there I got my passport back! I then had lunch with Jamie, Ryan, and Dr. Ehlers who is one of my teachers. It was super cold, but nice. I accidentally ate meat. Oops.

We then did more chapels and colleges and such and then split up to do our own thing until dinner at 6:00. I went with Kat, Kelsey, and Andy to see Blackwells, which is pretty awesome, though a little expensive. I didn't buy the books I need for my classes there because I can get them at Keble for free. Andy left, and so the rest of us continued to find a pay-as-you-go phone. Kat and Kelsey got one - I just liked looking. We then went back to the house and Mrs. Barabara, our house mother, asked me if I had any news as soon as I walked in the door. I said I did and we laughed and she said how much happier I looked. She's so super nice.

Then we went to Keble, which is probably the awesomest college of them all. The dining hall was the one that the directors wanted as Harry Potter's Great Hall. Haha! Of course, Keble wouldn't let them so they went to Christ Church instead. Dinner was a little weird (friend cheese) because I got the Vegetarian (Lent). We then went to the bar and most people had a drink, but Andy, Kelsey, and Kat and I went to the library. We found the books we needed but we couldn't check them out for some reason, so we're going back tonight for them. I just hope no one took them!

We then came back towards the house, passed it to go to the Co-op for some food. We got some essential stuff, which we're mostly splitting. I also got Squash! And Aero! And chrisps! It's very nice. Kat got wine and we had wine up in our room. I think Kat and I drank about three-halfs of the bottle. Kelsey only had a little bit. We read, studied, didn't study and went to bed!

I also found out yesterday that I left the cord that goes from computer to camera at home...so that's going to have to wait until Mom mails it or I find a new one before I can post pictures. Sorry guys!

1 comment:

Meldon said...

::jealous:: I wish I could go to Stonehenge with you and spend all that time with you in Oxford. It sounds like such a good time!