Saturday, June 28, 2008

Let's do the sick time

San-nichi (Day Three)
Byoki (Sick)

So I wake up in the morning (I think there were guests running around at like 6 in the morning, goodness), and I try to eat some breakfast. I just had water and bread. I then went and lay back down. At some point, I woke up to try and go to the bathroom and got sick instead. Went back to lie down, slept. Didn't have lunch (my hosts didn't wake me up). Got up again and got sick again.

Then, a miracle happens.

Okasan somehow got medicine, and it was unlike any medicine I had ever taken. I poured these white powder things on my tongue (she laughed at me when I made a face) and then I drank a cup full of water. She then told me to lie down again. I did, and when I woke up, I felt better! It was amazing!

Anan-san then got me up for some dinner with some guests. He introduced me to this family (kind of) who asked me to join them. They asked me how I was feeling and that I really should eat something to regain my strength. The "daughter" (who was actually from Thailand studying in Japan) spoke fluent English and we chatted. The mother was adorable! She spoke English too, and she was asking me about Japan and telling me what she does. She was very nice.

Then 4 Austrailian women came in to eat, and we all chatted together. It was very nice. Nice to speak English again with people who could understand. They called me very brave to be doing this and that it would be a great experience and I had to try my best.

I went to bed shortly after they left and got a good night's sleep.

No comments: