Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hyaku! Hyaku!

Quick update on yesterday.

I worked for a couple hours, and then my hosts told me that we were all going to an onsen. Well, I figured I might have to do one someday, but so soon?! I got my stuff ready and probably looked like an idiot shaking in my boots.

If you don't know, an onsen is a traditional Japanese bath house. Meaning, you get naked, you bathe with everyone, and then you rinse off and hop in a hot spring and soak. Ok, you bathe by yourself, but it's out in the open for everyone to see. And everyone just walks around naked. It is gender segregated.

So, we stop at a few markets along the way and I buy some stuff at the last one, including a gift for Ma, and then we go to the onsen. It's gorgeous. It's like a hotel spa/restuarant. It's really, really cool looking. We go...I bathe...it's a little weird, but no one stares at me so that's good.

We then have dinner which was delicious. My face is aka, red, from the onsen so I look like I've drunk more than my fair share. I couldn't even eat properly either because the pieces were so big.

Well, anyway, the place was gorgeous. I'm an idiot and didn't take pictures, so I hope we at least go up there to the markets again...maybe not the spa. But it was breathtaking.

And then, I went to bed, and now I have to get up and clean, but I'm not sure what to clean because the guests are still in their rooms. So I think I'm going to wait and bit until they get up maybe...Eek!

Oh, and by the way, Doctor Who was...amazing. I just am speechless. 

No comments: