Monday, April 20, 2009

Seriously?

I cannot believe it's been a week. That tells you that I am actually working my butt off almost all the time. So much so that I cannot help contemplate writing up a "what am I doing over here" thing.

What have I been up too?

Writing papers, reading - the usual. The last Archer paper I did was just confusing. I did so much research and it just confused me more! I think I ended up doing it alright, and it at least sounded good. I suppose I'll get my grade back tomorrow, but who knows. I know a lot of people didn't finish it - mainly the Bradshaw kids. I am so glad I'm not one of them. They just read and read and don't have time for anything else.

Friday though, Kat did talk me into going out. Not all of us went (see Bradshaw comment above), but I went out and met some Keble kids, and had some drinks, and had a pretty good time. We then got kababs and went back to the house. Some people were so drunk. It was pretty amusing. I played Dawgopoly with two of the Keble guys and Zach, one of the guys here. I wanted to play Risk but they scoffed.

Saturday was retail-therapy day and sleeping-in. Especially because we've been staying up until like 4am (7am in Kat's case). We went shopping at Primark and bought lots of stuff! I spent 60 quid...in clothes. But I go a lot! I got 2 pashminas, 2 pairs of shoes [one flat, one boot], 2 pairs of pajamas, socks, seamless socks, a loufa, a pencil skirt, a rain jacket, a cami, and linen shorts. It's pretty awesome at Primark. I also bought a bike from one of the grad students for 30 quid, but I have to go have a tube replaced. So that'll be happening tomorrow. Saturday night I didn't go out, though most other people did. I stayed in and watched three movies and went through the grad students leftovers and got like four bottles of liquor. It was pretty good.

Sunday, we all worked. Played some late-night soccer outside on the lawn.

Today I woke up and went straight to the Bodleian and stayed there for close to six hours. I got to go into Duke Humphrey's Library, which is the Harry Potter Library. It was pretty awesome. Sorry though - couldn't get pictures. I did lots of research. Lots of it. Then grabbed a quick bit to eat from a nearby store before walking to the house before dinner. Yes, I ate before dinner. Dinner was alright. It's so much different with all the students here now! They got back on Sunday and dinner has become so loud! It'll be nice to get to know some of them.

I'm trying to figure out what club/athletic I want to join. I could do soccer with Kat. I could do fencing or ballroom dancing. I could just do nothing. But I want to get involved somehow. Especially if lots of others are.

I have a meeting with my tutors tomorrow and Wednesday! I'm so nervous! I hope they don't quiz me on stuff. I only know history right now! I haven't been keeping up on the news, or Chinese - there's just so much stuff that needs to be done!

And most of us are going to have papers due the first meeting with our tutors. And we'll be finishing up our seminar papers. I have one due Wednesday for Archer, and the big one that I've been researching a lot for for Ehlers due Friday at midnight.

It's just paper after paper.

But it's a lot of fun. No joke.

Dave and I are going to be on the same flight back home in August. I'm super happy about that. And now I need to work and not procrastinate via this.

1 comment:

Meldon said...

They dared scoff at RISK!?

Poor Ticky, I didn't realise she was suffering so much.

Ummm...picking up liquor?

I'm quite excited about sharing our flight ^^

Also, even with all the work you've got to do, I'm still super jealous and sad not to be there with you.