Thursday, April 30, 2009

I thought I already did this...

While I'm waiting for either Kat to show up or call or to go to dinner, I figured I might as well actually explain the stuff that's been going on over here.

Seminars over: I don't think I need to explain this one. Finished last Thursday, turned in my last paper on Monday, and that was that. Thank goodness they're over. For serious.

Tutorials: Well, I have my first tutorial on Tuesday, and my second one today (Thursday). They are so different than anything I've really done except for research with Dr. Tessman. I have also learned that I know nothing about comparative politics. I was quite embarassed during that class, but hopefully I'll learn quickly. My International Conflict class on the other hand was quite wonderful, if I do say so myself. I knew more of what I was talking about, and when he prompted me for further answers, I could at least get most of it. Both my tutors are very nice too.

"The guys": Chris, James, John, Joe, and Peter. They're adorable, and we played Risk (well three of them did) and basically they're hilarious.

First club ever: I actually don't remember what it was called...Risa! That's it. It was...icky. My dress got wet, my shoes were sticky, and at one point I almost passed out from claustrophobia. Meh. Hopefully the other ones will be better? I did dance though, which is unusual for me.

Dancesport: Is a lot of fun! I've always wanted to learn how to ballroom dance, and so I went on Monday and learned! I learned the cha-cha, the waltz, and the quickstep. Peter was pretty hilarious, and couldn't remember most of the stuff but he picked up the quickstep well...quickly! So the people asked us if we would perform in the cuppers (the competition here) for the quickstep! I'm nervous and excited.

Anyway, I'm bored with updating that stuff.

Tonight is May Day. Basically, everything is open until 5 or 6 in the morning, at which point you go to Magadlen Bridge and watch the sunrise, and then listen to the choir sing on the tower. Hopefully we'll make it through the night. I sure hope I do at least! And I'll try and post most pictures soon...

No comments: