Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day grades

In both of my classes today, we got back our grades.

I didn't do awfully (B and A-), but I didn't do as well as I would've liked. And the comments weren't bad - which just confused me a little more. I think they're easy enough things to correct though, which bodes well for the future. And they both liked my style/voice which is always a good thing.

And yet, we're already on to the next paper. I'm starting research for Archer's next one tomorrow all-day, hopefully starting to write it as well and coming up with a topic for Ehler's tomorrow as well. Well, I kind of have a topic, but I think I'd like to talk with him more about it. See exactly what primary documents to use.

Had a little drama this evening with Maggie and Caroline getting completely trashed and then bringing Keble kids into the house and my room. That's a big no-no.

Also had a meeting via Skype with my research group, which is progressing well. It was nice to see them again. Also talked with Leilah over HTF things. Gotta do that stuff this weekend. Also need to run to STA Travel, give receipts, and go shopping at Primark. Woo hoo!

Look, the weekend already all gone.

I really wish the kids here weren't so competative/comparative. We should all just be happy with what we get and not have a need to compare. I was happy until people forced me to compare. Then I felt inadaquete and stupid. I know I shouldn't - but once I'm in that mindset, it's hard to come out of it.

But all I can do is give it my best. I work hard and I work hard for the right reasons. All I can give is my all, and if I'm not the best, at least I do it with the most heart. (Yeah, it's my new kind of mantra. I'm trying.)

Money spent today: None - only left the house for lunch and dinner and Archer's class.

No comments: