Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day whatever : It really doesn't stop

Last night, I fell asleep talking to Dave. Oops. I didn't even realize how tired I was. It was about quarter to 4, I think, and I had still been reading stuff for my Philip/Elizabeth class so that I could concentrate on the essay for today.

I actually woke up at 10, finished the readings for my Philip/Elizabeth class and then head to lunch. I think we talked about Harry Potter most of the way, during lunch, and then Ande and I did on the way to the post office. I mailed some postcards for much cheaper than I thought it would be. I hope they get to people. I don't have addresses right now, so it was only to people that I knew addresses for. heh.

Ande and I wait outside Christ Church (pictures will be up someday, I promise!) for our class to go on an Elizabethan Tour around Oxford. It was just to Christ Church and St. Mary's Cathedral, but it was nice. Dr. Ehlers kind of snuck us in without having to pay. It was kind of hilarious. He told us about the history of the place, about some bones and such, and Elizabeth giving a speech in the Cathedral. It was very interesting and kind of cool to be like "Elizabeth was right there giving a speech...right there!"

I then when back to the house, where I tried to work. I finished my readings for Archer's class and then I realized something...one of the things that I printed out for Ehler's class was three chapters long...and the syllabus only said to read one chapter! I had wasted the entire morning reading something I didn't even need to read! Gah! I was not very pleased with that, but whatever.

I'm really glad that I did Archer's paper early. If I had to turn that into tomorrow as well, I would be so stressed that I'd be crying. All of tomorrow. I just figured out how exactly I'm going to write Ehler's paper which is due on Friday at midnight, so that's nice. I'm going to outline it tonight kind-of, and probably write the introduction to it as well. I think I'll be able to crank out 8 pages though. The hard part was figuring out how to use the source though for me.

At dinner everyone forgot me so I walked alone and kind of ate alone. I talked to Julian, this Keble guy, for a bit 'cause he knew I was a Georgia kid. He invited me to a party (I think the first one ever, really) but I had to do this paper. Which I haven't really done.

So now I'm going to read through my sources and do that outline! It may not seem like a lot of work, but it is. And time just flies by. I mean...I've never felt time go so fast before!

I'm going to upload some pictures as well to facebook and probably to Picasa for those of you with no facebook.

No comments: