Sunday, June 7, 2009

Changing Times

There are those things in life that changes a person. Sometimes you can feel them, like the wind in your hair, and other times they are barely perceptible, like the Earth spinning below you. I didn't expect much when coming here. I expected hard work and perhaps making some friends. I didn't expect to fall in love with the city, to become so attached to this house, to these people. I didn't think I would change, and needless to say, I have changed. I feel like a different person then when I came here - but the question is, do I like that new person?

I have done a lot since I last posted, and so it's hard to figure out where to start from. I've visited Brighton, Bath, London, Edinburgh, Inverness, Loch Ness, Glasgow, and now Amsterdam. I'm finally getting to see the parts that I wanted to see. This weekend coming up I am going to Chatsworth House and Cardiff, Wales. I, hopefully, will get to see Dave for another 24 hours or so before parting ways for the rest of the summer until we meet back again on August 11th for the flight back home.

It's all gone so fast! I hope the next six weeks will be like that (well, the six weeks in China, that is).

My computer is acting strangely. So, for now, this is all and hopefully in the coming days I'll have some time to spare for more details of my travels and classes.

No comments: